July 27, 2026
Circle K Corporate Office
Corporate Office Circle K
1130 West Warner Road
Tempe, Arizona 85284
To Whom It May Concern:
Please accept this letter as my formal Notice of Intent to Sue arising from an incident that occurred on Friday, July 24, 2026, at one of your Circle K locations.
While attempting to make a routine purchase, a Circle K employee contacted law enforcement regarding me. When I asked the employee to explain why the police had been called, I was told it was because I was allegedly being "rude and disrespectful." I dispute that characterization and believe the employee's actions were unwarranted and humiliating.
I have been a loyal customer of this location and have spent approximately $5 to $20 per day there on a regular basis. As a frequent patron, I was shocked and embarrassed by the treatment I received. Being subjected to police involvement while attempting to make a lawful purchase caused me significant embarrassment, emotional distress, and damaged my trust in your business.
To the extent that false statements were made about me to justify contacting law enforcement, I believe those statements harmed my reputation and were inappropriate. I request that Circle K preserve all evidence related to this incident, including surveillance video, audio recordings, 911 recordings, dispatch records, point-of-sale records, employee reports, internal communications, and any other documents relating to the events of July 24, 2026.
As a result of this incident, I demand:
Compensation in the amount of $10,000 for the embarrassment, emotional distress, and other damages I allege resulted from this incident.
A full investigation into the conduct of the employee involved.
A written apology from Circle K.
Reimbursement of the money I have spent at this location as a loyal customer, as I no longer have confidence in conducting business there due to the treatment I received.
If this matter cannot be resolved promptly, I am prepared to pursue all legal remedies available to me in the appropriate court. Nothing in this correspondence should be construed as a waiver of any rights or claims I may have.
