I’m Done Downplaying My Talents: This Is Only the Beginning
For a long time, I allowed people to undermine and underestimate my skills.
I downplayed what I could do. I made myself smaller. I sometimes avoided talking about my abilities because I didn’t want other people to feel uncomfortable or intimidated.
I’m not doing that anymore.
I am not just a business owner. I am a website builder, marketer, salesperson, promoter, strategist, creative, and entrepreneur. I have the ability to take an idea and turn it into a business, build the infrastructure behind it, create the marketing materials, develop the promotions, and figure out how to put it in front of customers.
And I’m finally giving myself permission to acknowledge that.
This Is a Soft Launch... Not the Finish Line
What I am doing right now is a soft launch.
It is preparation for the grand opening.
I am currently sitting at approximately 80% completion across my projects. My website is almost where I want it to be although I know there will always be something that can be improved, updated, redesigned, or optimized.
That’s the nature of business.
There is always another idea.
Another marketing campaign.
Another service.
Another improvement.
Another opportunity.
Right now, I am building the foundation.
I’m designing marketing tools, creating promotional materials, placing orders for my pop-up tent and mobile service equipment, developing my service offerings, and putting the pieces together so that when I officially open the doors, I’m prepared to operate professionally.
Turning Setbacks Into Fuel
I also have to acknowledge that my original timeline changed.
I would have been fully operational sooner if circumstances surrounding an employment situation had not interrupted my plans. At the time, I had to deal with a situation that required me to step back and reassess my direction.
But sometimes what feels like a delay is actually a redirection.
Instead of allowing that experience to discourage me, I decided to put even more energy into building something that belongs to me.
My talents are not something I need to apologize for.
My ability to build websites is a skill.
My knowledge of marketing is a skill.
My sales experience is a skill.
My ability to create promotions is a skill.
My creativity is a skill.
My business knowledge is a skill.
And my ability to bring all of those things together is an asset.
Building the Right Way
I am not rushing this process just to say I’m open.
Before I fully launch, I want to make certain that I am doing things correctly.
That means completing my trainings and certifications, understanding the requirements for the services I provide, developing my processes, and making certain my businesses are properly aligned with Nevada requirements and applicable regulations.
I want the foundation to be solid.
I want my customers to see professionalism.
I want my services to be organized.
I want my marketing to reflect the quality of the businesses I am building.
And most importantly, I want to be able to look at what I have created and know that I built this.
My First Financial Goal
My immediate goal is intentionally modest:
Generate $50,000 before the end of the year.
That first $50,000 isn't really about the amount.
It's about proving the concept.
It's about turning preparation into revenue.
It's about getting my first customers, learning what works, improving what doesn't, and establishing momentum.
I have approximately four months to get everything in place, refine my operations, complete my preparations, and position myself for 2027.
Then comes the next level.
My 2027 Vision
My projection for 2027 is to build toward $7,500 – $10,000+ in monthly revenue.
That's not a promise that success will happen automatically.
It's a goal.
And goals require execution.
I'm giving myself the remainder of this year to build the infrastructure, establish the brand, complete my training, develop my marketing strategy, test my services, and create systems that can support growth.
Then in 2027, the focus shifts from preparation to expansion.
I Know What I Bring to the Table
I'm no longer interested in making myself smaller so somebody else can feel bigger.
I have spent too much time developing my skills to pretend I don't have them.
I know how to sell.
I know how to market.
I know how to create.
I know how to build.
I know how to promote.
And I'm learning how to turn all of those skills into sustainable businesses.
This soft launch is not me playing small.
This is me preparing to play bigger.
I'm building the website.
I'm building the brands.
I'm building the marketing.
I'm building the services.
I'm completing the training.
I'm getting compliant.
I'm creating the systems.
I'm preparing the equipment.
And I'm building something that has the potential to become much bigger than where it starts.
80% today doesn't mean unfinished forever. It means I'm 80% closer than I was yesterday.
The grand opening is coming.
And this time, I'm not downplaying who I am or what I can do to make anyone else comfortable.
I'm building my vision.
I'm building my businesses.
I'm building my legacy.
This is only the beginning.