BANNER

Impact-Site-Verification: -1074777364

Saturday, October 10, 2026

HOW DO BLESSINGS AND CURSES WORK?


When You Understand God's Word, You Stop Fighting Battles That Don't Belong to You

Great question! I'm glad you asked!

Someone asked me, “How do blessings and curses work?”

Let me explain it the way I understand it through my faith, my life experiences, and the Word of God.

The Bible says in Psalm 105:15:

“Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.”

Now, before you get upset with me, let's have a conversation!

WHY DON'T I GET MAD WHEN PEOPLE CUSS ME OUT?

Somebody asked me, “Why don't you get mad when people cuss you out?”

I said, “Baby, do you know how the Bible works?”

They looked at me and asked, “Why are you bringing the Bible into this?”

I said, “It's real simple. Let me explain it to you!”

I have learned that every battle does not require my participation. Every insult does not deserve a response, and every person who comes against me does not deserve a place in my spirit.

Just because somebody curses you doesn't mean you have to curse them back!

I have blessed people all my life. I don't make it my business to curse people because I understand that I am not the ultimate judge. God has that authority, not me.

The Bible teaches us to bless those who curse us and pray for those who mistreat us.

Luke 6:28 says:

“Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.”

Now, that is a different way of looking at things, isn't it?

THE PRINCIPLE OF BLESSINGS AND CURSES

Here is how I understand the spiritual principle.

When I bless someone, I am choosing to put goodness, kindness, and positive intentions into the world. I am not always responsible for whether that person deserves or appreciates my kindness. My responsibility is to make sure my heart is in the right place.

And when somebody curses me, I have a choice.

I can become angry, retaliate, and allow their behavior to change who I am. Or I can remain calm, refuse to participate in the negativity, and allow God to handle what is beyond my control.

I believe that when you put goodness into the world, you position yourself to receive the peace that comes with doing what is right.

Likewise, when you deliberately seek to harm someone who has done you no wrong, you must consider the consequences of your own actions.

The Bible reminds us in Galatians 6:7:

“For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”

That is why I am careful about what I say, how I treat people, and what I put into the atmosphere.

I don't want to spend my life planting seeds of bitterness and then wonder why my own life is filled with conflict.

WHY I DON'T CURSE MY ENEMIES

Let me tell you something else.

My enemies promote me!

Sometimes, the very people who spend their time criticizing you, talking about you, and trying to discredit you end up bringing more attention to your name.

Think about it!

They spend their time watching me, discussing me, and telling other people about me. Meanwhile, I am over here living my life, pursuing my goals, building my businesses, and doing what God has placed in my heart to do.

All that energy they spend trying to bring me down can end up bringing more people to see what I am doing.

Isn't that something?

I don't have to fight everybody who disagrees with me. I don't have to answer every accusation. I don't have to prove my worth to people who have already decided what they want to believe about me.

Sometimes, the best response is to keep moving forward.

Not every enemy deserves a confrontation. Sometimes, your progress is the response.

WHY I NO LONGER ALIGN MYSELF WITH DYSFUNCTIONAL PEOPLE

You can probably understand why I am careful about the people I allow into my life.

I value my peace.

I am no longer interested in unnecessary arguments, constant confusion, jealousy, manipulation, or relationships that require me to compromise my character just to keep the peace.

I have learned that protecting your peace does not mean you think you are better than anybody else. It means you understand that your time, energy, and spiritual well-being matter.

I can love people without giving them unlimited access to me.

I can forgive people without inviting them back into my life.

I can pray for someone without agreeing with their behavior.

And I can walk away without wishing them harm.

That is not weakness. That is discipline.

JUDGE NOT, LEST YE BE JUDGED

One of my favorite biblical principles comes from Matthew 7:1–2.

Jesus teaches us not to judge others, reminding us that the measure we use to judge others will be used in return.

I take that seriously.

I am not perfect, and I have never claimed to be. I have made mistakes, learned lessons, and experienced situations that taught me to look at life differently.

Because I know that I have imperfections of my own, I try to be careful about condemning somebody else.

I can recognize wrongdoing without pretending to be God.

I can hold people accountable without seeking revenge.

And I can stand up for myself without becoming the very thing I am criticizing.

There is a difference between discernment and condemnation.

Discernment helps you recognize what is healthy for your life. Condemnation assumes you have the authority to determine another person's ultimate worth or spiritual standing.

I will leave the final judgment to God.

WHEN GOD TAKES ME HOME

At this stage of my life, I am less concerned about how people judge me and more concerned about how I live.

When God calls me home, I want to know that I did my best to walk in faith, show kindness, learn from my mistakes, and treat people with dignity.

I want to know that I did not spend my entire life consumed by anger, revenge, and resentment.

I want my heart to be at peace.

I want to be able to say that even when people mistreated me, I did not allow their actions to dictate my character.

That does not mean I will tolerate abuse, accept disrespect, or refuse to defend myself when necessary. Forgiveness does not require you to remain in harmful situations, and faith does not require you to abandon your boundaries.

It means I can protect myself without allowing hatred to become my identity.

MY FINAL THOUGHT

So, when somebody asks me why I don't get mad when people cuss me out, my answer is simple.

Baby, I have too much peace to lose over somebody else's anger!

I am not responsible for every word that comes out of another person's mouth. I am responsible for my own words, my own actions, and the condition of my own heart.

If you bless me, I appreciate it.

If you misunderstand me, I hope you find clarity.

If you criticize me, I will consider whether there is anything I need to learn.

And if you come into my life with nothing but negativity, I can choose to keep my distance.

I don't need to curse you. I don't need to destroy you. I don't need to spend my days plotting your downfall.

I can leave the judgment to God and get back to living my life.

Because I believe that what I sow matters, how I treat people matters, and the peace I carry within me matters.

I refuse to let somebody else's bitterness become my burden.

I will continue to bless people, pray for wisdom, protect my peace, and trust God with the things I cannot control.

And when my time comes to leave this earth, I want my life to reflect the faith I profess.

That is my testimony.

That is my understanding.

And that is why I don't have to get mad every time somebody gets ignorant with me.

GOD HAS THE FINAL SAY.

“Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.”  Romans 12:21

Chevy