I’m not being insensitive. I’m not crazy. I’m a realist.
When I lived in Earle, Arkansas, with my children, a blackout was simply “camping” to us.
We knew what to do.
We filled the bathtub with water. We used the grill to cook. The kids played all day, and at night, everybody had a flashlight.
We didn’t panic.
We adapted.
Yes, I understand that there are circumstances and situations that can completely change the way people experience an emergency. I understand that not everyone has the same resources, experience, or support system.
But preparation matters.
And honestly, I have to ask:
Have you stocked up on your necessities yet?
COVID was the foreplay.
The introduction.
The appetizer.
Now the question is: How long have people been talking about preparedness, infrastructure, supply chains, energy security, natural disasters, and emergency planning?
This isn't about predicting the future. It's about being prepared for the possibilities.
During the last blackout, my biggest concern was simple:
Losing my food.
That was it.
But my circumstances are different now.
I work from home, so electricity isn't just about keeping the lights on. It affects my ability to work, communicate, charge my devices, preserve food, and maintain my day-to-day operations.
So I'm looking at emergency power options for my immediate needs and researching a suitable generator solution that can safely provide backup power for essential appliances, including my refrigerator.
I'm not waiting until the shelves are empty to start thinking about it.
STOCK UP.
Water.
Food.
First-aid supplies.
Flashlights.
Batteries.
Portable chargers.
Toiletries.
Cleaning supplies.
Pet supplies.
Important documents.
Cash.
Fuel and vehicle necessities.
And most importantly:
Have a plan.
It's no secret that our power infrastructure, food supply chains, and natural resources can be vulnerable to disruptions. We have seen enough storms, blackouts, fires, floods, earthquakes, supply shortages, and other emergencies to understand that preparation isn't paranoia.
It's common sense.
And here's where things get personal.
There have been situations in my life where I reported things that I genuinely believed were happening around me. Some of those experiences involved people, workplaces, threats, and incidents that I considered serious.
I know there are people who have questioned me, dismissed me, or tried to portray me in a way that I don't recognize.
But I'm going to say this:
I know what I experienced.
I also understand that other people may interpret those events differently, and I'm not asking anyone to blindly accept my conclusions.
I'm saying that my experiences have changed the way I look at personal safety and preparedness.
There was a time when I could laugh things off.
I'm not laughing anymore.
I'm paying attention.
I'm documenting things.
I'm securing my home.
I'm preparing for emergencies.
And I'm taking reasonable steps to make sure that if something unexpected happens, I'm not standing there wondering what I'm going to do next.
That doesn't make me crazy.
It makes me prepared.
And if you think I'm doing too much?
That's okay.
You don't have to prepare the way I prepare.
But when the power goes out, the stores are closed, your phone is at 8%, the refrigerator isn't running, and you're suddenly wishing you had purchased those supplies last week...
Don't say nobody warned you.
You guys are rookies!!!
I've been camping before.
ššš
BE PREPARED.
BE READY.
BE SAFE.
STAY BLESSED.
A little preparation can go a LONG way.
❤️ Same mission. A safer tomorrow.