Formation

Impact-Site-Verification: -1074777364

Sunday, August 30, 2026

AUGUST 2026: FROM BUILDING MY BUSINESS TO WATCHING HISTORY UNFOLD IN LAS VEGAS


August 2026 A Month of Business, History, Emotions, and Full-Circle Moments

If I had to describe August 2026 in one word, it would be FULL-CIRCLE.

This month reminded me that sometimes God will allow you to stand in the middle of history while simultaneously forcing you to confront your own history.

August wasn't simply about what happened around me. It was about what was happening inside of me.

I watched my business vision become more real. I witnessed a major presidential visit to Las Vegas. And then, almost unbelievably, Las Vegas became the courtroom where one of hip-hop's most famous unsolved murders was finally being examined by a jury.

Some months are ordinary.

August was not.

MY BUSINESS: FROM AN IDEA TO SOMETHING REAL

One of the biggest accomplishments of this season has been completing the work necessary to establish and organize C.A.V. Enterprises LLC.

For me, this wasn't just paperwork.

It represented survival.

It represented persistence.

It represented all the times I had an idea and wondered whether I would ever have the financial resources, stability, confidence, or circumstances to actually build it.

C.A.V. Enterprises represents much more than a company name. It represents the woman I am becoming.

I have spent years working for other people, solving other people's problems, selling other people's products, answering other people's phones, and helping other people's businesses make money.

Now I am building something that belongs to me.

That realization is emotional.

Because entrepreneurship isn't glamorous when you're living through the beginning.

There are licenses.

There are permits.

There are applications.

There are fees.

There are mistakes.

There are things you don't know until you are already doing them.

There are moments when you wonder whether you're actually building a business or simply creating another mountain for yourself to climb.

But then you look back and realize:

I DID IT.

The business isn't just an idea anymore.

It has structure.

It has a name.

It has a vision.

It has potential.

And most importantly, it has me behind it.

LAS VEGAS: WHERE BUSINESS AND HISTORY COLLIDE

Living in Las Vegas has taught me something I didn't fully understand when I arrived here.

Las Vegas is constantly changing.

One minute you're thinking about your business, your bills, your next move and your future.

The next minute, something nationally significant is happening right outside your door.

That's exactly what happened in August.

President Donald Trump came to Las Vegas on August 5 and delivered remarks at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa.

For me, seeing a presidential event happening in the city where I am building my next chapter was another reminder of just how unusual my journey has become.

I wasn't watching history from Chicago.

I wasn't watching it from Mississippi.

I was watching it from Las Vegas.

And that matters to me because this city has become the backdrop for a completely different version of my life.

I am not the same woman who arrived here.

THEN CAME TUPAC

And then there was Tupac.

There is something almost surreal about watching the Duane "Keffe D" Davis trial unfold in Las Vegas nearly thirty years after Tupac Shakur was killed on a Las Vegas night.

Jury selection began in August, and opening statements followed on August 17. Davis has pleaded not guilty to the murder charge.

By August 26, prosecutors had rested their case after presenting testimony and evidence from numerous witnesses, including recordings involving Davis.

And by the end of the month, the trial was moving toward closing arguments.

That is an extraordinary thing to process.

Tupac was only 25 years old when he died.

For an entire generation, his death became one of those stories that never really ended.

There were theories.

There were accusations.

There were documentaries.

There were songs.

There were interviews.

There were books.

There were arguments about who knew what and who was responsible.

And now, almost three decades later, the questions are being examined inside a Las Vegas courtroom.

That alone is emotional.

THE WEIGHT OF WAITING FOR JUSTICE

Watching the Tupac trial has made me think about how differently justice operates in real life compared with how we imagine it should operate.

We want answers immediately.

We want accountability immediately.

We want people to admit what they did.

We want witnesses to remember everything perfectly.

We want evidence to be undeniable.

But sometimes decades pass.

People die.

Memories change.

Stories change.

Evidence disappears.

And the people left behind are forced to live with unanswered questions.

One of the most striking developments this month was testimony from retired Las Vegas homicide detective Dan Long, who said he believed Davis' account at the time but acknowledged that investigators could not independently verify key parts of Davis' story.

That is the difficult part of a trial.

A courtroom isn't supposed to determine what sounds good.

It is supposed to determine what the evidence proves.

And that distinction matters.

TUPAC'S LEGACY IS BIGGER THAN THE TRIAL

Regardless of what ultimately happens in court, Tupac's cultural impact is undeniable.

People aren't simply remembering a rapper.

They are remembering a voice.

A young Black man who became an international symbol of anger, vulnerability, ambition, pain, rebellion, creativity and survival.

His music spoke about poverty, violence, racism, family, relationships, ambition and the contradictions of life.

That's why people still care.

That's why people are still watching.

That's why nearly thirty years later, people still want answers.

The trial isn't capable of bringing Tupac back.

Nothing can.

But it can force people to revisit what happened and examine the evidence.

And sometimes history requires that.

AUGUST MADE ME THINK ABOUT MY OWN STORY

Watching all of this has caused me to reflect on my own life.

I have had my own unanswered questions.

My own disappointments.

My own losses.

My own moments when I wondered whether anyone would ever listen to my side of the story.

And perhaps that's why the word justice carries so much emotional weight for me.

I understand what it feels like to want someone to hear you.

But August also reminded me of something important:

I cannot spend the rest of my life waiting for someone else to validate my story.

At some point, I have to build my future.

That's what my business represents.

That's what this next chapter represents.

I AM LEARNING TO SEPARATE MY PAST FROM MY FUTURE

There is a version of me that spent an enormous amount of energy trying to understand why certain things happened.

Why certain people treated me the way they did.

Why opportunities disappeared.

Why relationships changed.

Why some people I trusted weren't trustworthy.

Why certain chapters ended the way they did.

But I am beginning to understand that there is a difference between getting answers and getting your life back.

Sometimes you don't get the answer you wanted.

Sometimes you never get an apology.

Sometimes the person who hurt you never understands the damage they caused.

And sometimes you have to decide that your future is more important than your need to make the past make sense.

That's where I am.

AUGUST WAS ALSO ABOUT RECLAIMING MY NAME

Completing the setup of my LLC represents something deeply personal.

I am putting my name behind something again.

My ideas.

My creativity.

My experience.

My work ethic.

My vision.

My ability to serve people.

My ability to create opportunities.

My ability to build.

After years of feeling like circumstances, other people, employers, relationships and institutions could determine what happened next in my life, entrepreneurship gives me something different:

Ownership.

Not just ownership of a company.

Ownership of my future.

WHAT I TAKE AWAY FROM AUGUST

August taught me several lessons.

1. BUILD EVEN WHEN YOUR LIFE ISN'T PERFECT.

You don't need perfect circumstances to start creating something.

2. YOUR STORY IS STILL BEING WRITTEN.

A difficult chapter doesn't mean the book is finished.

3. HISTORY CAN TAKE DECADES TO UNFOLD.

The Tupac case is a powerful reminder that unanswered questions can remain unanswered for a very long time.

4. JUSTICE AND CLOSURE ARE NOT ALWAYS THE SAME THING.

A verdict cannot undo a loss. An apology cannot erase history. But accountability can still matter.

5. STOP WAITING FOR PERMISSION.

At some point, you have to decide that your dream deserves a chance.

6. LAS VEGAS HAS BECOME PART OF MY STORY.

The city that was once simply a destination has become the place where I am rebuilding.

My businesses.

My confidence.

My independence.

My future.

AUGUST 2026: I WILL REMEMBER THIS MONTH

When I look back at August 2026, I don't think I'll remember it as just another month.

I'll remember completing another major step in building C.A.V. Enterprises.

I'll remember watching major events unfold in Las Vegas.

I'll remember the surreal feeling of seeing a presidential event in my own city.

I'll remember watching the Tupac murder trial bring a nearly thirty-year-old case back into the national conversation.

But most of all, I'll remember what all of it made me realize about myself.

Life can change in ways you never expect.

You can move across the country.

You can lose things you thought you would keep forever.

You can start over.

You can become an entrepreneur after spending decades working for other people.

You can find yourself standing in Las Vegas watching history happen while simultaneously creating your own history.

And maybe that's the real lesson of August.

I don't have to know exactly how the story ends to know that I am still writing it.

The past may explain me.

It may have shaped me.

It may have hurt me.

But it does not get to own my future.

I'm building.

I'm learning.

I'm healing.

I'm creating.

I'm becoming.

And as August comes to an end, I am walking into September with one thing that I didn't have at the beginning of so many other chapters of my life:

A clearer understanding that my next chapter belongs to me.

 Chevy

August 2026