SECURITY PROFILE
https://cat7thward.wixsite.com/sundayscatering/security
There is a reason I left the entertainment industry.
Actually, there are many reasons.
The most obvious is that I eventually realized I had given access to people who did not deserve it. I trusted people, opened doors, did the work, and allowed myself to become involved in situations that ultimately cost me more than they ever gave me.
I learned a very important lesson:
Access to me is a privilege, not a right.
My professional career in entertainment began in 1985 when I worked for Unique Protection Services. I had the opportunity to work major events, including the American Music Awards, the Grammys, and We Are the World. I was around some of the biggest names in entertainment, and I learned very quickly that the entertainment business has two completely different faces.
There is the glamorous side that everybody sees.
Then there is the side that happens backstage, behind closed doors, in hotel rooms, on tour buses, in dressing rooms, and in situations where somebody has to make the decision to say no.
I was often that person.
My Background Made Me See Things Differently
Because I came from a security background, I did not view entertainment the same way everyone else did.
I have always been extremely aware of my surroundings, especially when young people were involved. Seeing teenagers seeking attention or acceptance in environments where adults had power over them created serious professional and personal conflicts for me.
I have always believed that adults have a responsibility to protect young people not exploit their vulnerability.
There were also situations where I saw women being treated as though their attention, bodies, or vulnerability were simply commodities.
That was never going to be my lifestyle.
I made a conscious decision never to date the artists I worked with.
Business was business.
I was strict. I was stern. I was direct.
And I handled my business.
That came from how I was raised.
I Was Raised With Rules
Being raised by a police officer gave me a different attitude about life.
My grandmother also raised me to be independent.
I was a latchkey kid.
If you know what that means, then you know.
I was expected to be home shortly after the school bell rang. If I was late, it was not unusual for neighbors between school and my house to be looking for me or calling my grandmother.
I learned how to cook.
I learned how to clean.
I learned how to keep myself occupied.
I learned how to be responsible.
And one rule was not negotiable:
I wasn't opening that door until my grandmother came home.
That childhood discipline stayed with me.
It taught me that being alone does not mean being lost.
It taught me how to think for myself.
And it taught me that boundaries are important.
Fame Has Never Impressed Me
There is not one entertainer who impresses me simply because they are famous.
I respect artists for their talent.
I respect people for their accomplishments.
I respect hard work.
But I do not idolize people.
I have been around famous people. I have worked major entertainment events. I have known entertainers personally. I even spent time around Michael Jackson, and the experience did not turn me into someone who needed celebrity validation.
Fame was never my drug.
I approached Chris Brown about potentially managing him because I saw an opportunity to apply my experience differently.
But eventually I realized something I had experienced too many times before:
I do the work, somebody else gets the check.
No thank you.
I'm stopping that madness.
I enjoyed certain assignments tremendously. I especially enjoyed assignments involving female dancers, and I enjoyed assisting Bobby Sanders with road-management responsibilities.
But there came a point when the environment became too unpredictable for me.
Drugs.
Violence.
People making reckless decisions.
Situations involving people whose priorities were completely different from mine.
Eventually I had to decide whether I was willing to risk my future for somebody else's entertainment career.
I wasn't.
Then I Became a Mother
When I gave birth to DJ, my priorities changed.
I made a promise to myself that I would devote my life to being a mother and put unnecessary drama aside.
My family history is complicated, and there are relationships in my life that have been painful and difficult to understand.
But motherhood taught me something important:
You cannot save everybody.
Sometimes you have to save yourself.
Sometimes you have to walk away.
Sometimes you have to stop explaining yourself.
And sometimes you have to choose peace over proximity.
Why Las Vegas?
People ask me why I moved to Las Vegas.
The truth is, I came here because I was looking for something too.
In some ways, I was a walking question.
And Las Vegas is filled with walking questions.
People come here to reinvent themselves.
They come here to chase dreams.
They come here to escape their past.
They come here looking for opportunity.
They come here looking for love.
They come here looking for money.
And some people come here simply because they don't know where else to go.
I have spoken with people from virtually every walk of life in this city. I have listened to people tell me stories about their lives, their families, their mistakes, their hopes, and their regrets.
I don't have to judge somebody else's life to understand that their choices belong to them.
But my choices belong to me.
And I refuse to compromise myself simply because I live in the entertainment capital of the United States.
I Am Building Something Different
I am pursuing four areas of education: business administration, paralegal studies, hospitality management, and culinary arts.
I have always wanted to own a Trump hotel.
That dream is not about celebrity.
It is about ownership.
It is about building something substantial.
It is about creating a life where I control my direction instead of spending my entire life building somebody else's.
I have spent years making money for other people.
Now I am investing in myself.
My businesses.
My education.
My professional services.
My future.
My legacy.
I Don't Compete With Women (or Men who dress like Women)
Let me say something very clearly:
I will never be jealous of another woman.
Janet. Lisa. Dawn. Anybody.
I am cut from a different cloth.
I don't have to become another woman to feel valuable.
I don't have to look like another woman.
I don't have to compete with another woman.
I don't have to destroy another woman.
And I certainly don't have to sell myself short for attention.
If somebody chooses modeling, adult entertainment, social media, OnlyFans, or another lifestyle, that is their decision.
I don't have to participate.
I don't need multiple men to validate me.
I don't need strangers' attention.
I don't need fame.
I don't need to sell my dignity for money.
I know who I am.
And I am comfortable with that.
Stop Defining Me Through Men
I am exhausted by people trying to define my life through men.
Especially Scottie Pippen.
Let me say this one more time:
Stop bringing that man up.
That chapter does not define me.
It never stopped me from enjoying basketball.
I have always loved basketball. I have followed the NBA and the WNBA for years. I remember the WNBA's early years and the connections I made through basketball events. I have met people such as Lisa Leslie and Dawn Staley and volunteered around All-Star events.
Those experiences belong to my history.
But my history is not my identity.
I refuse to spend the rest of my life answering questions about somebody else.
Talking about him repeatedly diminishes the value of the woman I am today because it keeps the conversation focused on someone who is no longer relevant to the direction of my life.
I am moving forward.
I Know What I Will and Will Not Participate In
I have reached a point in my life where I am extremely selective about the environments I enter.
I don't want to participate in situations involving exploitation, trafficking, manipulation, drugs, or people being treated as disposable commodities.
I have seen enough throughout my career to understand why boundaries matter.
And I don't care who is involved.
A celebrity does not receive a different set of morals from me.
A powerful person does not receive a different set of morals from me.
A wealthy person does not receive a different set of morals from me.
From a president's seat to an alley behind someone's house, respect is respect.
And when people violate my boundaries, lie about me, invade my personal space, or make statements about me that are untrue, I will respond.
Not because I am obsessed with them.
Because I value my name.
I Don't Idolize Anyone
I can love someone's music and still understand that they are human.
I can appreciate an artist's talent without worshipping them.
I can enjoy a performance without wanting to become part of the lifestyle surrounding it.
I can respect someone's accomplishments without agreeing with their choices.
That is maturity.
There are entertainers I genuinely love and respect as artists. But I have also learned that admiration does not require blind loyalty.
I can separate the art from the individual.
And sometimes the healthiest decision is simply to stop attending, stop watching, stop engaging, and move forward.
Peace Feels Different
Recently, I was talking to my Lyft driver.
He was a single, attractive Caucasian man, and for a moment I found myself wanting to exchange numbers.
What caught me off guard wasn't simply attraction.
It was the feeling.
There was a sense of peace that felt strange because I had become so accustomed to chaos.
It reminded me that life does not always have to be complicated.
Sometimes a conversation with a stranger can remind you what normal feels like.
Sometimes peace is attractive.
Sometimes peace is the most beautiful thing somebody can offer you.
I Am Done Explaining Myself
I could repeat myself over and over again, but some people simply refuse to learn.
So I have stopped trying to convince everybody.
If you dislike me because I chose to build myself, that's okay.
If you think I am too strict, that's okay.
If you think I am too independent, that's okay.
If you think I am too direct, that's okay.
If you think I have changed, you're right.
I have.
I had to.
After everything I have experienced, I would be foolish not to.
I am not interested in living the life somebody else wants me to live.
I am not willing to pay the price for somebody else's dream.
I am not willing to sacrifice my peace for access.
I am not willing to trade my dignity for attention.
And I am not willing to spend the rest of my life explaining myself to people who have already decided who they think I am.
There Is a Reason I Left
I left the entertainment industry because I realized my future was worth more than my access to celebrities.
I left because my peace was worth more than backstage passes.
I left because my values mattered more than being associated with famous people.
I left because I wanted to be a mother.
I left because I wanted to build businesses.
I left because I wanted an education.
I left because I wanted ownership.
I left because I wanted control over my own life.
And most importantly
I left because I finally understood that I don't have to be in the room to prove that I belong.
I have spent enough years helping other people build their dreams.
Now I'm building mine.
I don't hate anybody.
I don't need revenge.
I don't need validation.
I don't need anybody's permission.
I'm simply moving forward.
And if you know anything about me, you already know:
I have too much of my own life to build to spend my time worrying about somebody else's.
So enjoy your Sunday.
I'm going back to work.
I am not some confused daddy girl whose first betrayal in life was cheating with your father.
The only reason why I even tuned into this tour was Chris filmed a video in Vegas with LVMPD, then I see him cuffing me to the bed with Lance (Pippen).
I stopped watching weeks ago, back when the girl refused to play with Usher, who wears a fur in 100 degrees weather?
Who wears furs & leather in this hot sun.
I love Sean Combs with all my heart, but I know who he (really) is and I know what he did with whom.
Finally marijuana smokers will understand, have you ever had to drink a 1 hour drug test drink to keep your job?
Okay there are people who are infected with HIV that take drugs to mask their sickness, flaunting a health body is a sign that you are insecure about your health.
These are models selling their drugs to help you lie to yourself about what is really going on. See, that is why you should stay out of my business, I will respond.
Everyone knows about who played with Diddy, which is a prime example of why I avoid and or stopped attending events. I refuse to partake in human trafficking.
Spoken from a grown woman... enjoy your Sunday!
A grown woman choosing peace, purpose, discipline, and herself.
